For building a nationwide consensus of all stakeholders in the fight against child labour on amendments in the CLPRA, Global March Against Child Labour in conjunction with partner organization Bachpan Bachao Andolan is organizing a 2 – Day National Consultation on Child Trafficking and Child Labour.
The principal objectives of this Consultation are:
- Identifying and analyzing the gaps in the existing Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 with a view to improve convergence between different legislations keeping the best interest of child in mind.
- Collating suggestions for amendments in the existing child labour law from civil society and practitioners for a formal submission to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour.
Through a series of plenary sessions spanned across the 2- Day National Consultation, the broad spectrum of stakeholders will bring in the collective knowledge and experience for strengthening the tenets of the existing Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986.
Over 100 representatives from State Commission for protection of child rights, Trade Unions, Child Rights’ Organizations; Teachers’ Organizations; NGOs; Employers’Organizations; Ministry of Labour and Employment, State Labour Departments; Department of School Education & Literacy under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Education, UN Agencies, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Rural Development etc will participate in the 2 – Day National Consultation.
The National Consultation is structured around sessions on:
- Enforcement of child labour laws;
- Rehabilitation framework in child labour law;
- State recommendations on the amendment in child labour law;
- Proposed legal framework