Job Description: Project Officer
Location: New Delhi, India
Project Officer’s role is to successfully support day to day activities that are carried out to support Global March Against Child Labour (Global March)’s mission that contribute to long-term operational excellence. The aim of the Global March’s Project Officer is to have a basic research and strong communication skills (internal and external) and analytical mind to understand and support the smooth operational systems within Global March in ensuring that the policy research, advocacy, campaigns/initiatives and communications reaches a bigger and more diverse audience and the organisation is able to engage in key policy debates, link different perspectives and build new relationships.
Basic Research & Communications:
- Developing a repertoire of evidence-based researches on child labour, child trafficking and education to support advocacy and
- Producing annual reports, newsletters, mass mailers and other communications to inform the members, stakeholders and donors of Global March
- Updating and editing website from time to
- Handling social media pages of the organisation by updating it with news, events, graphics, info-graphics on regular basis.
- Monitoring and reporting regularly on media and electronic coverage, including media liaison and social media
- Making factsheets, press releases and gathering up to date information on the issue of child labour, trafficking and
- Streamlining, managing and updating existing database and information
Advocacy & Campaigns:
- Supporting the advocacy/campaign activities with other colleagues, including coordination with members and partners for communication and media
- Participating in discussions on and implementation of communication strategy for advocacy and campaigns as designed within the team and in line with the strategic objective of the Global March.
- Providing support to administrative and other logistical services through maintenance of files and records relevant to projects/programmes.
- Participating in any other activities (events, workshops, conferences) that may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organisation as per directions and guidelines of supervisor and
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills in
- Fluency in English is a Proficiency in Spanish/French is a value-add (though not a must).
- Positive attitude, good at multitasking and organisational
- Coherent and logical
- Quick learner and ability to customise communication as per
- Creativity and innovation is an added
To apply :
Send your cover letter, most recent CV (2 page max with 2 references) and a writing sample (original piece, 3 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for role of Project Officer” in the subject line.